The fees associated with taking the CPA Exam vary by jurisdiction. Be sure to visit your State Board of Accountancy’s website for exact costs. Below are some of the estimated costs:
- Application Fees – All first-time applicants pay this one-time fee when they submit to take the exam the first time. The fees range from $50 to $300 depending on the state.
- CPA examination fee – Most state utilize the fee schedule set by NASBA. The total cost for all four parts is around $950.
Exam rescheduling fee – Candidates can reschedule their exam. Below is the fee schedule based on length of time before exam:
- At least 30 days in advance, no fee associate with the reschedule.
- Between 5 and 30 days in advance, $35 fee payable at the Prometric Testing Center.
- Within 5 days of the exam, the candidate will need to pay the Prometric Testing Center the full amount for the CPA Exam section that is being rescheduled.